These Terms and Conditions, together with any and all other documents referred to herein, set out the Terms and Conditions under which you may use this website, www.dmapsecurity.co.uk (“our Site”). Please read these Terms and Conditions carefully and ensure that you understand them. Your agreement to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions is deemed to occur upon your first use of our Site. If you do not agree to comply with and be bound by these Terms and Conditions, please do not continue to access our Site, or any associated pages or materials or make any purchases of any goods or services from us.
Definitions and Interpretation
In these Terms and Conditions, unless the context otherwise requires, the following expressions have the following meanings: “Content” means any and all text, images, audio, video, scripts, code, software, databases and any other form of information capable of being stored on a computer that appears on, or forms part of, our Site; and “We/us/our” means DMAP Security Ltd, the website owner.
DMAP Security Ltd (“www.dmapsecurity.co.uk”) owns and operates this Website. This document governs your relationship with www.dmapsecurity.co.uk (“Website”). Access to and use of this Website and the products and services available through this Website (collectively, the “Services”) are subject to the following terms, conditions and notices (the “Terms of Service”). By using the Services, you are agreeing to all of the Terms of Service, as may be updated by us from time to time. You should check this page regularly to take notice of any changes we may have made to the Terms of Service.
Access to this Website is permitted on a temporary basis, and we reserve the right to withdraw or amend the Services without notice. We will not be liable if for any reason this Website is unavailable at any time or for any period. From time to time, we may restrict access to some parts or all of this Website.
Terms of Sale
By placing an order you are offering to purchase a product on and subject to the following terms and conditions. All orders are subject to availability and confirmation of the order price. Dispatch/Installation times may vary according to availability and subject to any delays resulting from postal delays or force majeure for which we will not be responsible.
In order to contract with www.dmapsecurity.co.uk you must be over 18 years of age and possess a valid credit or debit card issued by a bank acceptable to us. Www.dmapsecurity.co.uk retains the right to refuse any request made by you. If your order is accepted we will inform you by email and we will confirm the identity of the party, which you have contracted with. This will usually be www.dmapsecurity.co.uk or may in some cases be a third party. Where a contract is made with a third party www.dmapsecurity.co.uk is not acting as either agent or principal and the contract is made between yourself and that third party and will be subject to the terms of sale, which they supply you. When placing an order you undertake that all details you provide to us are true and accurate, that you are an authorized user of the credit or debit card used to place your order and that there are sufficient funds to cover the cost of the goods. The cost of foreign products and services may fluctuate. All prices advertised are subject to such changes.
When you place an order, you will receive an acknowledgement e-mail confirming receipt of your order: this email will only be an acknowledgement and will not constitute acceptance of your order. A contract between us will not be formed until we send you confirmation by e-mail that the goods, which you ordered, have been dispatched/installed to you. Only those goods listed in the confirmation e-mail sent at the time of dispatch or at the time of installation will be included in the contract formed.
Pricing and Availability
Whilst we try and ensure that all details, descriptions and prices that appear on this Website are accurate, errors may occur. If we discover an error in the price of any goods which you have ordered we will inform you of this as soon as possible and give you the option of reconfirming your order at the correct price or cancelling it. If we are unable to contact you we will treat the order as cancelled. If you cancel and you have already paid for the goods, you will receive a full refund. Delivery costs will be charged in addition; such additional charges are clearly displayed where applicable and included in the ‘Total Cost’.
Upon receiving your order we carry out a standard authorization check on your payment card to ensure there are sufficient funds to fulfil the transaction. Your card will be debited upon authorisation being received. The monies received upon the debiting of your card shall be treated as a deposit against the value of the goods you wish to purchase. Once the goods have been despatched/installed and you have been sent a confirmation email the monies paid as a deposit shall be used as consideration for the value of goods you have purchased as listed in the confirmation email.
Intruder Alarms and CCTV
1. (a) The cost of the system installation:-
Shall be paid prior the installation via the methods offered on our website dmapsecurity.co.uk or to our engineer on completion of the system at the point of handover. Where a communication unit is incorporated, every endeavour will be made by our company to ensure that delays are not incurred but no responsibility will be accepted by the us for delays arising from any reason whatsoever. In the event of a delay, the company will complete the installation of the system (except the communication unit) and the customer hereby agrees to pay the relevant installation charges.
(b) Emergency call out charges are to be paid on invoice.
(c) At the time of publishing 09/09/2019 there are no VAT charges on the services or products.
(d) Title to the installation shall not pass to the customer until payment of all installation costs and charges have been made to the company by the customer, and the company shall be entitled to withhold delivery of all control keys/codes/fobs to the system until payment have been made.
(e) Equipment installed or awaiting installation and all other property of the company at the customer’s premises shall be at the sole risk of the customer. The customer is liable to pay to the company within 30 days the full cost of any necessary repair or replacement of such property or equipment of the company as a result of theft, burglary, malicious damage, fire, water, storm or tempest or structural defect or any cause outside the control of the company. The customer shall insure the same against all normal risks under a comprehensive insurance policy to the full replacement value.
2. The Customer shall be responsible for obtaining and paying for all necessary consent for the installation of the system and shall give the company access to the premises at all reasonable and agreed times for the purpose of carrying out tasks which the company is entitled to do under this contract.
3. The Customer shall not allow any unathorised person to have access to the system other than a representative of the company bearing the company’s warrant of access.
4. The Customer shall notify the company forthwith (confirming such notice in writing) of any defect appearing in the system and shall permit the company to take such steps as it shall consider necessary to remedy such defect.
5. The Customer is responsible for ensuring that any external sounder does not cause a nuisance as defined under the Control of Pollution Act 1974. In the instance of Intruder Alarms, arrangements should be made to fit an automatic timing device to limit sounder noise to 15 minutes, with the knowledge of any insurer concerned, and to have two keyholders available within this time under any circumstances.
6. All works carried out by the company shall be in accordance with the terms of this contract. If the customer requires any variation or addition, it must be set out in writing, and will be charged for separately.
7. All systems installed are guaranteed for one year from the date of completion of installation for free replacement or repair of parts provided that no fault will be remedied which arises through negligence or wilful act of the customer, his servants or his agents, including without prejudice to the foregoing generality damage to or loss due to attempted burglary, fire, flood, riot, civil commotion, strikes or lockouts, accidents or misuse including structural alterations, moisture, dampness, chemically composed paints or the act or neglect of any person other than an employee of the company. A call out charge may be made for each visit.
8. The company has no special knowledge of the nature and value of the contents of the premises in which the system is to be installed or of the nature of the risks to which the premises and their contents will from time to time be exposed. The company therefore limits its liability as set out below.
9. Although the system is designed to reduce the risks of loss and/or damage the company does not represent or warrant that the system may not be neutralised, circumvented or otherwise rendered ineffective by intruders or other unauthorised persons and in such event no liability shall attach to the company in respect of any loss or damage sustained by the customer howsoever caused.
10. The company shall have no liability to the customer for any consequential or financial loss, damage, costs, expenses or other claims for compensation arising from the product, and/or services, or from their late arrival or none arrival, or any other fault howsoever caused.
11. The company shall not be liable in respect of any loss or damage sustained by the customer arising from burglary, theft, robbery, breaking and entering, fire, malicious damage, flood, riot or commotion or any unauthorised entry where the same is due to the failure of the system to function or to function correctly or to any inadequacy in the design, installation or construction of the system howsoever caused.
12. If liability attaches to the company in respect of loss or damage howsoever caused and arising from burglary, theft, robbery, breaking and entering, fire, malicious damage, flood, riot or commotion or any unauthorised entry that liability shall be limited to an amount as specified in the company’s insurance schedule covering electronic security systems and fire alarm systems. The company has provided limited insurance cover for itself with indemnity for claims made against it in respect of accident, injury, loss or damage. Cover also extends to failure to perform and wrongful advice given unwittingly. A copy of the relevant insurance schedule is available to the customer upon request. The customer agrees to indemnify the company in respect of any such liability incurred by it to third parties in excess of the said total amount. If the customer wishes to increase the maximum amount of such limitation of liability the customer may obtain from the company a higher limit of liability to be agreed with the company upon payment of such additional amount as the company shall require.
13. For the purposes of this contract and these terms and conditions the expression ‘howsoever caused’ shall include negligence on the part of the company its servants or agents and the expression ‘loss or damage’ shall include a liability to indemnify third parties.
14. The limitations of liability referred to in this contract are subject to the provisions of the Unfair Terms in Consumer Contracts Regulations 1994 and the Unfair Contract Terms Act 1997 in so far as they may apply to the customer where he is a consumer or otherwise as the case may be. Where pursuant to the aforesaid legislation the conditions may be deemed unreasonable by any competent court the said condition shall where possible be curtailed or modified in such a manner as would make it reasonable.
15. Notwithstanding Condition 1 hereof, the company reserves the right to require full payment of the installation price prior to commencement of the installation.
16. In the event of the customer making default in payment of any of the charges herein or committing any breach of the provisions of this contract the company may in its absolute discretion immediately determine this contract whereupon all obligations and liability on the part of the company hereunder shall immediately cease without prejudice to any right of action or remedy of the company to recover any sum due or owing under the terms of this contract at the date of such determination.
17. If the customer signs acceptance of this contract and subsequently wishes to cancel the acceptance the company reserves the right to accept cancellation of the acceptance and a cancellation charge shall become payable immediately by the customer, at the rate of 15% of the total installation price.
18. The terms set out herein are the only terms of this contract and no other terms shall be imported or implied by reason of any printed matter or publication by the company.
19. We reserve the right to substitute equipment detailed on our specification for any reason whatsoever providing it affords the same degree of cover and reliability as the original items specified.
20. These Terms & Conditions are governed by and shall be construed in accordance with the Law of England and the parties hereby agree to submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts of Law.
1. The position of devices in this specification is described by an external observer looking towards the front elevation.
2. Where it is identified that images from cameras overlook private properties, and that there may be privacy issues, then images from the relevant cameras will be digitally ‘masked’ to exclude these areas.
3. The quality of images will be entirely dependant upon the standard of camera, image management and transmission methods used. Lower light levels at the time of viewing/recording and the distance the object is from the camera’s point of focus will also reduce the level of definition. Where the user has identified a specific purpose for the images, then this should be made clear to the surveyor who will tailor the design to meet this need.
4. The above specification has been prepared taking into account all information available to the Surveyor and is considered to be that best suited to this application within the limitations of cost. Should the customer consider that the degree of protection is in excess of requirements or, alternatively, that greater coverage is required the company’s Surveyor will be pleased to discuss the matter further.
5. Our engineers are experienced in lifting and refitting carpets where it is necessary to route cables. No extra charge is made for this service since a professional standard for this particular work cannot be guaranteed. Customers may, at their own additional expense, employ a professional carpet fitter to work in conjunction with our engineers to lift and refit the necessary carpets.
6. Unless previously agreed, a final invoice will be presented during the course of the work. It will be necessary to ensure that settlement is made available as or before the system is handed over.
7. The specified area of coverage provided by all cameras is to be demonstrated by the installer to the customer at the time of commissioning of the system, and subsequently, following any replacement of the cameras as a result of necessary service work.
8. The customer should note that alterations to the physical structure, building services, furniture or any stock piling at the protected location may adversely affect the area of coverage provided, and in that event the customer should liaise with the Company about a re-evaluation of the security protection.
9. It is the customer’s responsibility to check the coverage afforded by all cameras both live and recorded by means of regular checks between the service visits undertaken by the Company.
10. It should be noted that the recording device are set to record no more than 31 days of footage. Data is owned by the end user and should be accessed via the application provided.
Any products purchased from www.dmapsecurity.co.uk that does not require any installation, comes with a 7-day cancellation policy and full refund will be available. For products purchased with installations, cancellations made before 48 hours of installation will only incur our administration fee of £40.00 and a refund will be processed within 5 working days. For products purchased with installations, any cancellation within 48 hours within the confirmed date of installation will incur all our labour costs and administration costs and any balance due will be refunded within 10 working days. Customer has all other statutory rights that the customer has as a Consumer and none of our Terms and Conditions shall affect your statutory rights. Details of our Terms and Conditions are available at the point of purchase before payments are processed. We reserve the right not to process your order if:
- We have insufficient stock to deliver the goods you have ordered;
- We do not deliver to your area; or
- One or more of the goods you ordered was listed or quoted at an incorrect price due to a typographical error or an error in the pricing information received by us from our suppliers. If we do not process your order for the above reasons, we will notify you by e-mail and will re-credit to your account any sum deducted by us from your credit/debit card as soon as possible, but in any event within 14 days
For more information about your other statutory rights, please visit the Department of Trade and Industry’s Consumer Gateway website at: http://www.consumerdirect.gov.uk
Disclaimer of Liability
The material displayed on this Website is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. Unless expressly stated to the contrary to the fullest extent permitted by law www.dmapsecurity.co.uk and its suppliers, content providers and advertisers hereby expressly exclude all conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity and shall not be liable for any damages whatsoever, including but without limitation to any direct, indirect, special, consequential, punitive or incidental damages, or damages for loss of use, profits, data or other intangibles, damage to goodwill or reputation, or the cost of procurement of substitute goods and services, arising out of or related to the use, inability to use, performance or failures of this Website or the Linked Sites and any materials posted thereon, irrespective of whether such damages were foreseeable or arise in contract, tort, equity, restitution, by statute, at common law or otherwise. This does not affect www.dmapsecurity.co.uk’s liability for death or personal injury arising from its negligence, fraudulent misrepresentation, misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter or any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Linking to this Website
You may link to our home page, provided you do so in a way that is fair and legal and does not damage our reputation or take advantage of it, but you must not establish a link in such a way as to suggest any form of association, approval or endorsement on our part where none exists. You must not establish a link from any website that is not owned by you. This Website must not be framed on any other site, nor may you create a link to any part of this Website other than the home page. We reserve the right to withdraw linking permission without notice.
Disclaimer as to ownership of trademarks, images of personalities and third party copyright
Except where expressly stated to the contrary all persons (including their names and images), third party trade marks and content, services and/or locations featured on this Website are in no way associated, linked or affiliated with www.dmapsecurity.co.uk and you should not rely on the existence of such a connection or affiliation. Any trade marks/names featured on this Website are owned by the respective trademark owners. Where a trademark or brand name is referred to it is used solely to describe or identify the products and services and is in no way an assertion that such products or services are endorsed by or connected to www.dmapsecurity.co.uk.
You agree to indemnify, defend and hold harmless www.dmapsecurity.co.uk, its directors, officers, employees, consultants, agents, and affiliates, from any and all third party claims, liability, damages and/or costs (including, but not limited to, legal fees) arising from your use this Website or your breach of the Terms of Service.
Www.dmapsecurity.co.uk shall have the right in its absolute discretion at any time and without notice to amend, remove or vary the Services and/or any page of this Website.
If any part of the Terms of Service is unenforceable (including any provision in which we exclude our liability to you) the enforceability of any other part of the Terms of Service will not be affected all other clauses remaining in full force and effect. So far as possible where any clause/sub-clause or part of a clause/sub-clause can be severed to render the remaining part valid, the clause shall be interpreted accordingly. Alternatively, you agree that the clause shall be rectified and interpreted in such a way that closely resembles the original meaning of the clause /sub-clause as is permitted by law.
We operate a complaints handling procedure which we will use to try to resolve disputes when they first arise, please let us know if you have any complaints or comments.
If you breach these conditions and we take no action, we will still be entitled to use our rights and remedies in any other situation where you breach these conditions.
Law and Jurisdiction
- These Terms and Conditions, and the relationship between you and us (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, English law.
- If you are a consumer, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the jurisdiction of the courts of England, Wales, Scotland, or Northern Ireland, as determined by your residency.
- If you are a business, any disputes concerning these Terms and Conditions, the relationship between you and us, or any matters arising therefrom or associated therewith (whether contractual or otherwise) shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales.
If any provision of these terms and conditions is found to be unenforceable or invalid, such invalidity shall not affect the other provisions of these terms and conditions, which shall remain in full force and effect.
The above Terms of Service constitute the entire agreement of the parties and supersede any and all preceding and contemporaneous agreements between you and www.dmapsecurity.co.uk. Any waiver of any provision of the Terms of Service will be effective only if in writing and signed by a Director of www.dmapsecurity.co.uk. If you have any questions in regard to this policy or wish to report a breach of this policy please contact us at the address below:
DMAP Security Ltd
24 Lennox Road
THE MANUFACTURERS DECISION ON ALL WARRANTY CLAIMS IS FINAL
In cases of dispute, the item will be returned at your expense for the manufacturer’s decision. If the manufacturer concedes a manufacturing fault, this cost will be refunded. In cases of dispute, DMAP Security Ltd will undertake to arbitrate between the customer and the manufacturer, but in all cases the manufacturers decision will be final.
DMAP Security Ltd Returns Procedure
If you think there is a fault with an item, please first contact our dedicated technical team:
• Call us on 01474 352 880.
• Email a request to firstname.lastname@example.org